Welcome to Martin Lawrence Galleries—America's Premier Gallery of Fine Art.
Founded in 1975, Martin Lawrence Galleries specializes in original paintings, sculpture and limited edition graphics. The gallery is distinguished by works of art by Philippe Bertho, Erté, Marc Chagall, Robert Deyber, François Fressinier, Kerry Hallam, Frederick Hart, Keith Haring, Douglas Hofmann, Liudmila Kondakova, René Lalonde, Felix Mas, Takashi Murakami, Pablo Picasso, Rembrandt, Andy Warhol and many others. Martin Lawrence Galleries is dedicated to presenting the great names and the best of the emerging artists. We are committed to offering the finest quality artworks and superior value, while maintaining the highest level of integrity and ethical standards in service to our clients.
What does an art dealer have to stand on other than the quality of the artwork represented and ultimately, the value of his/her reputation? With an unprecedented collection of exceptional artwork— each of which is owned by our company—including the largest collection of, Chagall, Francis, Haring, Picasso and Warhol—and as the publisher and representative for Bertho, Deyber, Erté, Fressinier, Hallam, Hart, Hofmann, Kondakova, Lalonde, Mas and Nicholls—we at Martin Lawrence Galleries certainly value the trust you place in us and take our responsibility to preserve and enforce our reputation seriously. In the last 15 years, we have lent nearly 250 different artworks by 16 different artists to 32 different museums around the world. This includes the loan of works by: Calder, Chagall, Francis, Picasso, Warhol and many other artists to institutions that include:
- Albertina Museum, Vienna
- Aldrich Museum of Contemporary Art, Ridgefield, Connecticut
- Baltimore Museum of Art
- Bellagio Gallery, Las Vegas
- Brooklyn Museum of Art
- Bruce Museum, Greenwich, CT
- City Museum, Fukuoka, Japan
- Discovery Museum, Bridgeport Connecticut
- Fondazione Europea del Isegno
- Galerie Nationale du Jeu de Paume, Paris
- Georges Pompidou Center, Paris
- Institut Valencia d'Art Museum (IVAM), Valencia, Spain
- Jewish Museum, New York
- Kunstsammlung Nordrhein-Westfalen, Dusseldorf, Germany
- Las Vegas Museum of Art
- Los Angeles County Museum of Art (LACMA)
- Los Angeles Museum of Contemporary Art (MOCA)
- Louisiana Museum, Denmark
- Malmo Konsthall, Sweden
- Milwaukee Art Museum
- Mitsukoshi Museum of Art, Tokyo
- Modern Art Museum, Fort Worth
- Musée des Beaux-Arts, Montreal
- Museé Royaux des Beaux Arts, Brussels
- Museo del Risorgimento, Rome
- Museo Nacional Centro de Arte Reina Sofia, Madrid
- Museu Picasso, Barcelona
- Nassau County Museum, New York
- National Gallery of Art, Washington D.C.
- National Museum of Modern Art, Kyoto, Japan
- Ogunquit Museum, Ogunquit, Maine
- Prefecture Museum of Modern Art, Hyogo
- San Francisco Museum of Modern Art
- Stamford Museum and Nature Center, Stamford, Connecticut
- Tampa Museum of Art
- Tate Liverpool
- The Menil Collection, Houston
- University Art Museum/University of California at Berkeley
- Wadsworth Antheneum Museum of Art, Hartford, CT
- Whitney Museum of American Art, New York, New York
- Yamaguchi Prefectural Museum of Art, Yamaguchi, Japan
Martin Lawrence Galleries is dedicated to providing quality art and professional service. Before you purchase art, please consider the following:
- Buy what you love and what you will enjoy having in your home or office. Do not buy for financial investment or speculation. Given the semantically broad appeal of the word “investment” and the increase in price of many of our past publications, it is understandable that a collector might look for some assessment of the potential for future appreciation in value. However, all Martin Lawrence consultants are instructed to stay completely away from the subject of art as a medium for investment.
- To gain insight, visit galleries, see different styles, meet artists when possible, and acquaint yourself with gallery personnel.
- Familiarize yourself with an artist before you purchase; don’t be intimidated by the gallery setting.
- Do not purchase art “unavailable for viewing” unless you have an established relationship with the consultant and gallery.
- Request documentation of authenticity and buy only from established, reputable dealers who will stand behind the work sold.
- Fine art is available at all price levels and need not be expensive to be enjoyed. Examine art for the quality and condition.
We strive to earn your confidence and trust, in the hope that you choose us when it comes to adding to your art collection, and we welcome any comments you might have on our performance.
to the top